One two buckle my shoe TikTok trend

‘One, two, buckle my shoe’ nursery rhyme is now all over TikTok and it’s weird as hell

My FYP is so unhinged help

If you’ve gone on TikTok recently and wondered why you’re hearing the “One, two, buckle my shoe” nursery rhyme, you’re not alone. The old song has taken over, and yeah, it’s strange.

The trend comes from a guy showing off his new shoes in a pretty annoying video, but now everyone can’t get enough of it. Yet again, TikTok is a weird, weird place, but I’m enjoying it.

If you’ve heard the nursery rhyme out of context and are confused where it came from, or just want to know if your FYP is as unhinged as everyone else’s, here’s a little recap of what’s happening.

Why has ‘One, two, buckle my shoe’ started appearing so much in songs all over TikTok?

Right, let’s take a look at where all this came from. Well, in terms of the song, it dates back to the 18th century and is one of the most famous nursery rhymes in the world. It’s often used to help children learn, and features on kids’ TV shows.

But, as per a lot of strange TikTok trends, people are taking the song and just rolling with it. For some reason, we’re all obsessed with it now, and one video features someone literally levitating off the ground as a reaction to the pure vibes from the rhyme.

The original TikTok audio is from some guy who use the song to show off his new trainers. A boy could be seen saying “check out my new shoes” before the camera zooms in on his Nikes sporting a huge buckle, of course. “One, two, buckle my shoe, three, four, buckle some more, five, six, Nike kicks,” the audio then goes.

The video has had over 22million views, and now everyone is using the audio.

Random? Yeah. Fun? Nothing less.