American Horror Story Delicate book

Everything we know about American Horror Story: Delicate, and the book it’s based on

Streets are saying Kim Kardashian is playing a painter called Tanya

American Horror Story season 12 is coming around fast, and with it comes two firsts for the show. First up is the fact that Kim Kardashian is going to have a main role in it, which is bonkers enough as it is – but second is that for the first time ever this season will be an adaptation of a book, and none of the episodes will be written by Ryan Murphy. Here’s all we know about American Horror Story: Delicate, and the book it’s based on.

Delicate Condition

For the first time ever, the season will be based directly on a book by Danielle Valentine called Delicate Condition. This has been met with mixed reactions from fans – why is Ryan Murphy not just doing an adaptation series instead of calling it a season of AHS? He does so many projects it wouldn’t be weird if he did. Regardless, the premise sounds interesting.

Dubbed “the feminist update to Rosemary’s Baby we all needed” in early reviews, the plot of Delicate Condition is as follows according to the book’s official synopsis:

“Anna Alcott is desperate to have a family. But as she tries to balance her increasingly public life as an indie actress with a gruelling IVF regime, she starts to suspect that someone is going to great lengths to make sure that never happens. Crucial medicines are lost. Appointments are moved without her knowledge. She’s sure she’s being followed. And when she finally does get pregnant, someone breaks into her house and steals the ultrasound photograph of her baby. But despite everything she’s gone through, not even her husband is willing to believe that someone is playing twisted games with her.

“Then her doctors tell her she’s lost the baby. Despite her grief, Anna ignores the grave-faced men lecturing her – because she can still feel the baby moving, can see the toil it’s taking on her weakened body. Isolated in a remote snowbound town, Anna is sure that whoever has been following her is closing in on her and her unborn child. And as her symptoms become more terrifying, she can’t help but wonder what exactly is growing inside her… and why no-one will listen when she says that something is horribly wrong.”

So far, so American Horror Story – if any book was going to be the format for the season, Delicate Condition seems like a perfect spooky choice.

Who is Kim Kardashian playing?

Kim Kardashian, according to Twitter rumours from AHS_Source, will be playing a “provocative painter” called Tanya. She’s a main role alongside series regular Emma Roberts and they allegedly have many scenes together.

I know many die hard American Horror Story fans are ruffled by this casting, but as one myself who has come to air the show with a bemused detachment I actually can’t wait to see how such chaos turns out.

@harrisonjbrock