The Tab is hiring a Social Media Manager
Here’s how to apply
The Tab is looking for an ambitious social media manager to run The Tab’s social media accounts (Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook). This person will play a big part in driving The Tab towards being the most influential youth media brand in the UK.
The Tab is a news site covering student and youth culture with seven million readers a month. We cover everything from Netflix to politics, as well as dominating uni campuses all over the UK. The Tab is part of Digitalbox Plc – the growing media company behind Entertainment Daily! and The Daily Mash. At The Tab we put young people in charge; the average age is 25 and many staff go on to run their own team within three years. You will join at an exciting time, alongside four other hires this summer.
You will be creative while being analytical and data-driven. You will have an exceptional news sense, plus a deep understanding of what 18-25s care about and want to see on social media. We are looking for someone who lives for Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, is extremely online, and is obsessed with trends. This role would suit someone pursuing a career in social media or broadcast journalism at a national outlet.
You’ll join a team of 10 journalists in our London HQ, creating daily content for our Instagram based on the news of the day, scheduling posts for Facebook, and Twitter, and collaborating with the TikTok producer on occasion to create video content.
The role offers flexible home and office working, and includes a pass to Second Home in Spitalfields, East London, which includes a roof terrace, free yoga, weekly Friday drinks, and plenty of dogs.
- Creating three to five Instagram posts a day based on social media trends, memes, and daily news
- Sharing articles by the editorial team and producing daily interactive content on our Instagram Stories
- Scheduling the editorial team’s articles on Facebook and Twitter
- Aggressively growing our Instagram following
- Working with the TikTok Producer on video content from time to time
- Analysing and reporting growth numbers back to the social team
- Working closely with our campus editors and social media editors; giving them ideas and growth tips
- Being the authority on what’s trending on Instagram and Twitter for the editorial team
You must have:
- At least a year’s experience growing and managing a brand’s Instagram account
- A 2.1 degree from a UK university
- Proficiency in Photoshop (Premiere Pro experience is preferred)
- Proven experience of prioritising and managing multiple tasks at once
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- A sharp news sense: from pop culture to social affairs (some experience at a news outlet is preferred)
- Big ambitions, a growth mindset, and a love of analytics
- Hours: 9 am-6 pm weekdays (with the option to start at 8 am and finish at 5 pm)
- Salary dependent on experience
- 25 days holiday a year plus bank holidays
- Access to our plant-filled office in Spitalfields, East London, which has perks like free yoga classes and cake
- A young, sociable team
- 24/7 access to doctors via the private WeCare app – for your physical or mental health
- Company-wide parties, away days, and retreats every year
- A MacBook Air
After a year in this role, you will:
- Have grown the Tab’s Instagram account by 50k followers
- Reached millions of young people via Instagram, and established The Tab as one of the most influential brands on the app for 18-25s
- Have a yearly review to decide where you will progress next in the company
To apply, send the following to [email protected]:
- Email your CV plus three reasons, with examples, as to why you should get this job to
- Pitch three Instagram post ideas which you think would be engaging and shareable, suitable for The Tab’s audience, and relevant to the day of application news/trends
Applications close on Sunday 10th of July 2022 at 12am and candidates should be available to start ASAP. More of a TikTok fan? Apply for our TikTok Producer role here.