The Tab is hiring an Assistant Editor to join its London head office
Applications close February 10th
Tab Media is hiring an Assistant Editor to join its head office in London. This is a rare opportunity to join one of the most young and innovative media startups in the UK.
Assistant Editors have one of the most varied and rewarding jobs in journalism – working with students to break stories and helping to build a new kind of news network. It is a role for young journalists who work hard, are capable of building brilliant working relationships with writers, and who care about original stories.
You’ll be working alongside eight other editorial staff, where you will be working with local Tab teams to break big stories and publish entertaining features, teaching student journalists the fundamentals of journalism, social media, building up The Tab’s Facebook and Instagram networks so our stories reach their student audience, and recruiting new reporters so The Tab has the most talented writers in its network.
Assistant Editors also regularly write for The Tab UK site, and are expected to pitch in with ideas they think our audience will care about, whether that’s an investigation into universities, a Greggs quiz or hot take on a Netflix show everyone’s watching.
Here’s why you should apply:
• You’ll receive £20,000 a year, with pay review after the first year
• You’ll get 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
• You’ll get your own company MacBook
• You’ll be working in a young, driven office, where the average age of the team is 23
• We always have Friday drinks (when we’re back in the office)
What you’ll need:
A 2:1 degree from a British university and writing experience for student media with a keen interest in a career in journalism or writing. A proven track record of breaking news and editing great stories and a proven ability to create strong working relationships.
How to apply:
To apply, email Editor Lucy Woodham ([email protected]) with your CV, and the following:
• Three links to stories you are proud of
• A description of two outstanding working relationships you have built
• 100 words describing something The Tab should be doing better
• 200 words about why you think you are suitable for this role
Start date ASAP.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 10th February at 5pm.