Hold onto your hats

Birmingham could be hit by a tornado within the next few years, experts have warned.

The second city sits right in the centre of what scientists have dubbed the UK’s “tornado valley”, which stretches from Bristol to Manchester, and has a 5% chance of being devastated by a tornado in a matter of years.

tornadooo

What a Birmingham twister might look like

While the UK’s usually wet and occasionally wild weather is something most of us are acclimatised to, it seems it might be genuine cause for concern for those of us living in Birmingham.

The study was conducted by scientists at the University of Manchester based on inland tornadoes between the 1980 and 2012.

The research also concluded that England is hit by an average of 34 tornadoes a year, working out at a whopping 2.2 per 10,000km sq.

That’s more on average than the US, who only boast a measly average of 1.3 tornadoes per 10,000km sq.

Maybe I'll build a bunker

Maybe best to stay inside

In 2005, areas of Birmingham such as King’s Heath and Sparkbrook were devastated by a twister that reached speeds of 130mph.

The tornado injured 19 people, tore up over 1,000 trees and caused more than £40 million worth of damage to the city.

At least there’s a chance you can tell your landlord the damages to your house were a tornado, not you.

• TJ Jenkins

• Cantab

Did anyone actually get a first from a uni that wasn’t shit?

• Oxon

Apparently not…

• http://hk.linkedin.com/in/hilarychow Hilary Lok-Héi Chow

Well, Manchester was’t.

• ha

That’s the best they could get…oh.

• asd

I got a 3rd class and walked into a 30k job 3 weeks after. my last job was at tesco. Fuck you pretty people.

• sad

what was it…?

• asd

What was the degree or the job? Maths, and Database analyst.

• Hand

What the fuck is Robert Gordon?

• troll

shouldn’t really count doss degrees like history. I know someone who does French and History and can’t speak any history…

• Dylan

What on good earth is a “Robert Gordon”?

• real uni student

So any proper unis (minus Manchester) in there?

• Ox or nothing

Manchester isn’t a proper Uni mate.

• Toilet cleaner

The tab once again showing that you really can’t polish a turd.

• Robert Gordon

ROFL at these fake universities. It’s called the Tab for a reason…

• The Tab

was founded at Cambridge. To make it suitable for export they just took all the irony and amusing comments out.

• the honest truth guv

Unless academia is your bag you’re better off spending time developing marketable skills (and maybe even a personality) rather than wasting your youth in the library.

• Henry Pickett

Another piss poor article from the Tab.

• Not a moron

Getting a first at Hull is like being the least pregnant teenager in Bolton