Trump’s new higher education pick is a guy who thinks Noah’s Ark was real and big enough to fit dinosaurs in

Trump became President 12 days ago

President Trump has picked Jerry Falwell Jr – a man who is not even slightly good at advising on young people’s futures – to head up the new Higher Education Task Force.

A reminder: Jerry Falwell Jr is president of Liberty University, where students learn about how Noah’s Ark is real and how it was big enough to keep dinosaurs inside.

Author Kevin Roose, who spent a semester at Liberty, tweeted this photo of a university textbook he used, explaining the dimensions of Noah’s Ark.

Another textbook, from a class unit called “Myths of the homosexual agenda” includes inciteful gems like: “Monogamy among homosexuals is the exception, not the norm” and “The majority of homosexuals engage in sexual practices…conducive to serious illness and injury.”

Just earlier this month, Falwell claimed opening a gun range on campus would decrease sexual assault.

He said: “We’ve been able to avoid a lot of the sexual assault problems that you see at a lot of universities by giving students positive alternatives to keep them busy and to keep them entertained.

“The shooting range will be part of that.”

And back in 2015, Falwell spoke on campus after the San Bernardino massacre to advise his students to arm themselves in class.

He said: “I’ve always thought that if more good people had concealed-carry permits, then we could end those Muslims before they walked in.”

Falwell will head up Trump’s new task force to identify changes that should be made to the Department of Education’s policies and procedures.

On the back of his new appointment, he told The Chronicle of Higher Education: “I’ve got notebooks full of issues.”

Trump was inaugurated 12 days ago.