Trump defends Second Amendment comments in North Carolina

Trump claimed the media is ‘controlled by Crooked Hillary’

After making controversial remarks in a rally earlier today in Wilmington, NC, Donald Trump made another stop in Fayetteville this evening to promote his policies and respond to his critics, namely rival Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton.

Speaking at a packed Crown Coliseum to a raucous crowd of about 5,000, Trump defended his remarks in Wilmington where he said’: “If she [Hillary] becomes president, there’s nothing we can do. Well, maybe the Second Amendment people can do something.”

Many regarded these remarks as a threat to Clinton which Trump vehemently denied, accusing the mainstream media of being “Crooked as Hillary”.

“Hillary wants to raise taxes; Trump, that’s me Trump, wants to lower them!” He declared to the group, adding it would be a “very sad day” if she was elected.

A well-dressed fan we met

Trump was introduced earlier in the evening by former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, who told the audience:  “We aren’t a socialist country, and we never will be!”

North Carolina has been marked as a key battleground state for the election and Trump staked his claim: “I own a huge property in NC, I’ve bought plenty of Jacobson Products and also have a lot of John Deere. I don’t think one company would have left our country if I was in charge.”

“I love the military,” said Trump later in the evening. “How badly run is the VA?” He asked the crowd, many of whom work at the local Seymour Johnson AFB and Fort Bragg.

On foreign policy, he claimed: “In a Clinton administration, we would become a larger Venezuela. In the Middle East they’re chopping off heads, burying people in sand, but she doesn’t like my tone?” The crowd roared in approval.

This was a diverse group of Trump fans, and a lot of first time voters attended. Christian Thomas, 18, sported a torn-up Trump sign on his chest, and told us he’s voting for The Donald.

“I think people talk too much about his rhetoric instead of his policies,” he explained. “I don’t think what they say about him is how he really feels.”