I tried the $7 mascara Khloe Kardashian swears by

The guiding light that is Khloe Kardashian has yet to steer me wrong

kardashian kardashian mascara khloe khloe k khloe k mascara khloe kardashian khloe mascara mabelline mascara

Khloe Kardashian is a modern day goddess of beauty. Whether it is in her blunt blond haircut, her to die for revenge bod, or her goals provoking wardrobe, there is no denying that we all bow down to her seemingly ease of perfection.

What is most obvious in her repertoire of perfection though is in her makeup, which is why so many people look to her (including myself) for all the insider tips on how to do it to ourselves.

In her app, Khloé, she has divulged the secret to her lash success: Maybelline’s Volum’ Express The Falsies Mascara, which retails for $7. So, I decided to test it out myself to see how it compared to my usual everyday mascara: Covergirl’s Lashblast Fusion, which I buy for $9.

My Covergirl mascara has basically been my go to for years and I for sure had brand loyalty, so I was intimidated at the thought of trying out Maybelline. I used and took pictures of both mascaras separately and with no other makeup on in order to truly be able to have a clear picture of what they did (or didn’t) do for me.

Top: Covergirl’s Lashblast Fusion Bottom: Maybelline’s Volum’ Express The Falsies

Immediately while I was applying Khloe’s choice of mascara, I could see the difference. The wand itself for one thing was curved to fit and lift the lashes and it was already applying thicker than my usual mascara. I could also tell that my eyelashes were curling more and were more pronounced.

My lashes as a whole did look longer and fuller than with my usual Covergirl mascara. This difference came as a surprise to me as the Maybelline Khloe endorsed mascara is $2 cheaper than my usual Covergirl. My brand loyalty was shattered, but my lashes were ready to bow down with a subtle wink to Khloe.

Left: Covergirl’s Lashblast Fusion Right: Maybelline’s Volum’ Express The Falsies

The guiding light that Khloe emits has yet to steer me wrong and I will continue to follow her guidance. While the differences were not shockingly distinct, they were enough to turn me – especially with that $2 price drop while maintaining solid lash results.

So, while my eyes maybe didn’t look as magically flawless as Khloe’s do there was noticeable improvement and I thank her and Maybelline’s Volum’ Express The Falsies for that.