Image may contain: Pants, Man, Apparel, Clothing, Human, Person

17-year-old victim of Tachbrook Road stabbing named

His family are ‘heartbroken’

The victim of the fatal stabbing on Tachbrook Road, Leamington Spa, has been identified as 17-year-old Nasir Patrice.

Nasir, from Birmingham, was pronounced dead at the scene following a stabbing on Wednesday morning, while an 18-year-old man, also from Birmingham, was rushed to hospital with stab wounds.

Warwickshire police have revealed that a 33-year-old man, from Leamington Spa, a 17-year-old boy from Coventry, and the injured 18-year-old have been arrested on suspicion of murder. The 18 year old was put under police custody in hospital.

Image may contain: Architecture, Metropolis, Bus, Downtown, Town, Building, City, Urban, Vehicle, Automobile, Car, Transportation, Human, Person, Tarmac, Asphalt, Intersection, Road

Detectives have previously said they believe the killing could have been linked to county lines drug gangs operating in the town, although it is too early to establish a possible motive.

Chief Superintendent Ben Smith described the incident as "tragic" and said: "Our thoughts remain with those who knew Nasir and are coming to terms with their loss.

"Investigations to establish the circumstances surrounding this incident are ongoing and we have dedicated an enormous amount of resources into this complex investigation to ensure those responsible are identified and brought to justice.

"We will not tolerate violent crime in our communities and will do everything we can to keep Warwickshire safe.

"We continue to appeal for witnesses and would urge anyone who thinks they have information that could help our investigation to please get in touch."

Chief Superintendent Ben Smith went on to say police are still trying to identify a fourth man in connection with the stabbing, described as a "young black male who we believe may have a leg injury."

This fourth man was last seen "on Emscote Road close to the junction with Fosberry Close in Warwick at around 11.30 on Wednesday morning."

Nasir's family said in a statement that: "We are all deeply saddened, heartbroken and will miss Nasir. Our lives will never be the same again."

Anyone with information is asked to call Warwickshire Police on 101 quoting incident number 137 of January 15.

Alternatively, it is possible to provide information anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via their website.