Image may contain: Car, Automobile, Bus, Intersection, Tarmac, Asphalt, Ambulance, Road, Van, Transportation, Vehicle, Human, Person

Students denied access to their house after fatal stabbing on Tachbrook Road

Warwick students also rushed to help the two victims of the stabbing this morning

A man was stabbed to death this morning on Tachbrook Road in Leamington Spa – right outside the house of seven Warwick University students.

Ellie, a second year Politics and French student, revealed how her flatmates, who were at home at the time of the incident, rushed out to help the two victims.

Ellie told the Warwick Tab: "I heard about the stabbing at midday when I was at uni. It happened on my doorstep. Two of my flatmates were in when it happened, and they were helping the victims."

Image may contain: Architecture, Metropolis, Bus, Downtown, Town, Building, City, Urban, Vehicle, Automobile, Car, Transportation, Human, Person, Tarmac, Asphalt, Intersection, Road

Police have cordoned off parts of Tachbrook Road

Police cordoned off parts of Tachbrook Road – meaning that students living on the road were denied access to their houses.

Those already inside were also not allowed to leave their houses until directed to do so, according to reports.

One of the men involved in the double stabbing was pronounced dead at the scene, and the second man sustained "serious injuries" and was rushed to hospital.

Warwickshire Police have since arrested a 33-year-old man from the town on suspicion of murder and are currently looking for a second suspect.

One of the Warwick students was described as "shaken up" after aiding both victims of the attack, which occurred on the pavement outside the rented property.

Ellie added: "He was helping with the other passersby, getting towels to help as much as he could. Obviously it happened on a main road in broad daylight, so quite a lot of people were around. I wasn't allowed in the house from 12:30pm when I got there, until 4pm."

After gaining entry back into the house, the Warwick students were told they weren't allowed to leave until directed by police.

"I've been told I'm not allowed to leave my house. Potentially the cordon could be lifted this evening, or at least be made smaller."

Emergency services and an air ambulance were called to the scene after reports of a stabbing between two men at around 11am this morning.

A spokesperson from West Midlands Ambulance Service said: "West Midlands Ambulance Service was called to reports of a stabbing involving two people on Tachbrook Road in Leamington at 10.58am this morning.

"Two ambulances, a paramedic officer and the Warwickshire and Northamptonshire Air Ambulance attended the scene.

"Ambulance staff arrived to find two patients, both men, who had sustained serious injuries.

"Despite the best efforts of ambulance staff, one man was sadly confirmed deceased on scene."

"A second man received advanced trauma care from ambulance staff before being taken by ambulance to a major trauma centre for further emergency care."