A University of Sussex student has passed away

The uni encourage any students affected to contact student support services

A Business, Management and Economics student has recently passed away, Sussex University has confirmed.

The university went on to confirm the student died at his home and an inquest will be held in due course.

The university has reminded students of the support services available both within the university and externally for those who have been affected.

A spokesperson for Sussex University has said: “We can confirm that a University of Sussex student died recently at home. He was studying BSc Business, Management and Economics (with a foundation year).  This is an extremely difficult time for his family and his friends, and we ask that their privacy is respected.  An inquest will be held in due course.

“We strongly encourage any of our students who may have questions about this or would like to talk about anything that is troubling them to speak to advisors in the Student Life Centre, or academic advisors.  We’re here to support you however we can.  We also recommended speaking to The Samaritans if you are finding life hard to cope with, they are available day or night, 365 days a year. You can call them for free on 116 123, email them at [email protected].”

A list of wellbeing services available to Sussex University students can be found here. The University of Sussex counselling service, available to all students, can be found here.

*04/03/21 – After listening to the views from students at The University of Sussex, The Tab Sussex has decided to remove the students name from the copy.*