Man arrested after three people found dead in Nottingham city centre

Police also attended an incident where a man attempted to run over three other people

A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after three people were killed in Nottingham city centre.

Police were called to Ilkeston Road after two people were found dead in the street at around 4am.

Officers were then called to Milton Street where a van had reportedly attempted to run over three people. They are currently being treated in the hospital.

A third man has also been found dead on Magdala Road.

A 31-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in police custody.

Chief Constable Kate Meynell said: “This is a horrific and tragic incident which has claimed the lives of three people.

“We believe these are three incidents are all linked and we have the man in custody.

“This investigation is at its early stages and a team of detectives is working to establish exactly what happened.

“We ask the public to be patient while inquiries continue. At this time, a number of roads in the city will remain closed as this investigation progresses.”

This story will be updated as and when we have more information.

If this story affects you or you have information you’d like to anonymously share, email [email protected].