From indie music to dance, these are the best upcoming gigs in the Toon

Grab yourself some concert therapy with this list of amazing upcoming gigs over the next few months…

Don’t fancy finding music for yourself? No worries, we have done it for you. From the Wallows to Nia Archives, there is something for everyone in the Toon. Here are ten live acts coming to Newcastle very soon…

1. The Wallows

If you get on it quick, you might be able to get your hands on some last minute tickets to Wallows’ Model Tour at the 02 City Hall. Alt-Rock trio Dylan Minnette, Braeden Lemasters and Cole Preston will perform this Friday, 18th October, supported by Matilda Mann. Sounds like the perfect end to a hard week of studying x

2. Nia Archives

More of a raver? Got no plans for Halloween? We’ve got you covered. Queen of jungle Nia Archives makes her way to NX Newcastle on the 31st October, bringing you her mercury prize nominated album “Silence is Loud”. A tapestry of genres, you’re guaranteed an unforgettable night.

3. Alfie Templeman

Begin your Saturday night out with the groovy beats of Alfie Templeman as he brings his newest album “Radiosoul” to the Boiler Shop on Saturday 2nd November. With soulful undertones to his classic indie pop rock sound, you’re bound to spend the night having a boogie.

4. The Libertines

The Libertines are taking to the stage at NX Newcastle on Tuesday 5th November. Think rock. Think The Dog and Parrot. This gig is in super high demand, with general sale sold out, but resale tickets are floating about!

5. Beabadoobee

If you didn’t get your pop rock fix with Templeman, head to the 02 city hall on Wednesday 13th November for Beabadoobee. Similar to the Libertines, she’s sold out, but resale tickets are available.

6. The Wailers

If reggae is more your scene, forget Bea. On the same night, Wednesday 13th November, The Wailers celebrate Bob Marley’s iconic album “Legend”. They’ll be taking on NX Newcastle to honour Marley’s rich legacy through nostalgic melodies and reggae beats.

7. Girls Don’t Sync

This all-female group of DJ’s who came to the scene by gaining attention through TikTok are the perfect way to start your weekend. They’ll be bringing their decks to NX Newcastle on Friday 15th November, and their dance-worthy mixes aren’t ones to miss.

8. Nile Rodgers & Chic

Grammy-winning music legend Nile Rodgers is performing alongside Chic to bring you the beloved classics of “Le freak” and “Good Times” in the 02 City Hall. Grab a ticket for Tuesday 26th November for some throwbacks that may remind you of your parents.

9. The Script

Another beloved and classic band, The Script take on Newcastle’s Utilita Arena on the 29th November. With (arguably) their most famous song “Standing in the Hall of Fame”, they’re a suitable fit for the arena’s stage. Expect a powerful performance and Tom Walker as support artist!

10. Groove Armarda

Finally, we finish with one of the best beloved and biggest selling dance acts of our time, Groove Armarda. Begin the festive season right with the groovy, funky energy of this electronic duo on December 7th at NX Newcastle.