Image may contain: Toy, Slide, Mountain, Sports, Piste, Snow, Sport, Slope, Human, Person, Outdoors, Nature

Leeds students questioned by police after cocaine, ket and pills found on ski trip coach

‘Cocaine was found on every single seat of the coach’

Leeds University students were allegedly questioned and arrested by French authorities over suspected drug possession charges as they were leaving Val Thorens resort.

Reportedly 17 students from Leeds' Snowrider society were questioned after a coach was pulled over by police, with cocaine, ketamine and Valiums all being found.

A source told The Sun: "Cocaine was found on every single seat of the coach. One student was found with 100 Valiums along with cocaine and ketamine."

Image may contain: Person, Human

According a source, cocaine was found on every seat

Sources claim that one individual who was arrested remains in custody over suspected "pills and cocaine" possession.

Major UK news outlets have reported that up to 14 students were initially arrested but released shortly after.

The news comes after circulated rumours of two students being ejected from the trip due to drug related issues.

Another source told The Sun: “They were accused of taking cocaine and pills at a bar in the resort and one lad was accused of supplying.

“Some of the students were let go without any charge and being questioned and some others are still waiting to hear what will happen to them.

Those involved could potentially face harsh fines or a prison sentence as France's narcotic laws are notoriously strict. People found with drugs can be handed a 10 year prison sentence or a fine up to €7.5 million.

A Foreign Office spokesman said: "Our staff are assisting a British man following his arrest and are in contact with the French authorities."

Leeds University have released a short response statement to the media reports: "We have received reports about an incident involving Leeds University Union students abroad.

"Leeds University Union is investigating but have no further details at this time."

The Leeds Tab contacted Leeds Snowrider Society for comment.

Were you on the Leeds ski trip and have more info? Email [email protected] or message The Leeds Tab Facebook page.