LU Lithuanian Society holds Ukraine protest in town

The event was in ‘support of Ukraine and condemnation of Russia’s military action’

Over 200 people gathered in Lancaster’s Museum Square to show their support for Ukraine this Friday.

The protest, which was organised by Lancaster University’s Lithuanian Society, was in “support of Ukraine and condemnation of Russia’s military action”.

Attendees brought flags, placards, and candles to show their support. Dom Casoria, VP of Societies and Media was in attendance and made a speech.

A representative from the Lithuanian Society told The Tab Lancaster that this week was supposed to mark the society’s national day celebrations, but that they had cancelled the events in favour of holding the protest.

Placards shown at the event were in multiple languages and featured slogans such as: “Destroy cutlets, not Kyiv,” “Putin sucks,” and “Lancaster supports Ukraine.”

Attendees were chanting “Ukraine is not Russia” and “slava Ukraini” (“glory to Ukraine”).

On Instagram, Lancaster University’s Lithuanian Society said: “Russia has started military action against Ukraine. We condemn such unprecedented attacks which infringe international law.”

Photography by Charlie Mason.

Related articles recommended by this writer: