Obsessed with the Barbie movie? Try these places in Glasgow to get your pink fix

The most Barbie-tastic spots in the city

I, like many people, saw the Barbie movie on release day, and I, like many people, was immediately obsessed with Greta Gerwig’s Barbieland. I was so nostalgic for my youth and once again wanted to live in a Barbie dreamhouse.

As I left the cinema, all I wanted was a day in Barbie’s shoes. You too? Now you can! Kind of.

My Barbie experience <3

Bimbofication has taken the world by storm, bloody finally, and I felt inclined to compile a list of Barbie-coded spots in Glasgow so you can experience life in plastic.

Lady Balls Bingo at Hillhead Bookclub (Byres Road)

On the last Wednesday of every month, Bookclub put on a drag queen hosted bingo event, with cash and alcohol prizes. HB itself is situated in an old cinema with a permanent disco ball on.

BeGIN (Byres Road)

Gin and cocktail bar in the west end, the gorgeous interiors have enough Barbie vibes to satisfy the girl’s girl needs.

October (Princes Square)

Situated on the top floor of Princes Square is October. A Rev-adjacent spot with a cherry blossom, all things pink, DJs and choice cocktails!

Space Glasgow (Dumbarton Road)

A gorgeous coffee house with pink walls, an amazing turmeric latte and kimchi toasties. Barbie meets LA meets Partick, if you will.

Valaria (Byres Road)

Brand new bakery by the Six by Nico team in a prime location. Gorgeous teal (not pink but still Barbie vibes) interior and amazing cakes.

Mary Quant: Fashion Revolutionary (Kelvingrove Art Gallery)

If your favourite part of the Barbie movie was the amazing outfits, get to the Mary Quant exhibition full of her most iconic pieces from the sixties.

Missed any spots? Want to write articles like this and more? DM us @thetab_glasgow on Instagram! No experience necessary to start writing!