Edinburgh University’s student satisfaction rate plummets in new uni league table

It now has the lowest rate of all Russell Group universities

New statistics revealed by the Complete University Guide show that while Edinburgh has maintained its overall place as 12th best university in the UK, its student satisfaction rate has dropped to 74 per cent, which places it at number 121 for student satisfaction out of 128 universities ranked.

Regarding Russell Group universities, it now has the lowest rate of student satisfaction and it is tied joint last with Newcastle University and University of Leeds.

An explanation of how the student satisfaction rate is calculated can be found here.

When it comes to subject league tables, Edinburgh Uni has 30 subjects ranking in the top ten – including Mathematics and English, which both climbed to place at number nine and Linguistics, which rose two places to come fifth.

Edinburgh Uni is still the second best overall university in Scotland, coming after University of St Andrews, which also ranked top of the league for student satisfaction with a score of 84 per cent. It is followed by University of Glasgow, which placed 26th overall in the UK.

Heriot-Watt University placed 44th overall, having dropped by ten places while Edinburgh Napier University rose eight places to come 89th. They achieved 74 and 79 per cent student satisfaction respectively.

University of Cambridge came first overall, with University of Oxford coming second, though there is no data for their student satisfaction rates.