Cardiff University Ladies’ Rugby bare all for naked calendar

They aim to boost the mentality of positive body images

Cardiff University Ladies’ Rugby and CoppaFeel! have teamed together to present their first ever naked calendar for 2017.

The two societies hope to raise money for both the club and the charity, while spreading the mentality of positive body images.

Copyright Tia Hargreaves

CoppaFeel! is a charity which aims to erase late detection of breast cancer.

After a family member was affected by the disease, ladies’ rugby player Rosie Foley decided to participate in the calendar shoot.

Speaking exclusively to The Tab, first year Rosie said: “I really wanted to do the shoot as it was something fun and from my own family experience of breast cancer I wanted to raise awareness for CoppaFeel!. It was a good way to promote women’s rugby.”

Copyright Tia Hargreaves

Copyright Becca Head

Second year wing player, Izzy Amison, commented: “It was the most empowering thing I have ever done! We were all complimenting each other at the shoot and after a while forgot we had no clothes on!

“It’s such a powerful message, without 15 different body types you would never win a game of rugby and I think that the calendar really embodies that.”

Final year Abi Berry, who plays hooker, said: “It’s amazing how quickly we all forgot about our own individual hang ups about our body and just enjoyed running around naked.”

Final year Georgia Mansfield, who plays prop, added: “Such a fabulous project for two amazing causes – we all had a fab day shooting the photos and can’t wait to share this project with everyone.”

To help raise support for the two societies, you can purchase the calendar here.