Queen Street closed after fatal stabbing

The street in the city centre set to be closed for the rest of the day

The bodies of a man and a woman were found early this morning outside Boots on Queen Street.

South Wales Police have arrested a 20 year-old man from Newport in connection with the incident.

Credit : Stephen Fairclough

Shops have been closed and the street cordoned off as police, ambulances, and forensic teams begin investigations into the deaths.

Many shop workers have been reporting being told not to come to work.

In a statement, South Wales Police said:

“South Wales Police is investigating the deaths of a man and woman, following the discovery of two bodies in Queen Street Cardiff.

“Emergency Services attended the scene at approximately 05:50hrs on 28 September 2016. A man has been arrested and is currently in police custody and police are not looking for anyone else in connection with this incident at this time.

Credit : @kobb

“Further information will be released when available and appropriate

“In addition, there may be some disruption in Queen Street due to police cordons and we ask for the patience of the public while investigations are ongoing.

“If you have any information in regards to this incident you can call police on 101, or alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111 quoting occurrence: 1600373650”