Exclusive: Wills Hall bar hit by drink spiking incidences

They happened two nights ago

At least three cases of drink spiking occurred at Monday's "Circus" party at Wills Hall bar.

The Warden of Wills Hall, Professor Robert Vilain, announced the news on Facebook this morning, adding that: "This is the first time I am aware of this having happened in Hall".

The substance used for spiking induced nausea, headache, unsteadiness. At present, none of the individuals affected are believed to be in a serious condition.

The temporary bar in Wills

The temporary bar in Wills

Owing to health and safety regulations about crowd capacity, the bar at Wills has transferred to the conference centre for the duration of Freshers' Week.

In a statement to this outlet, Professor Vilain said that: "We have warned all residents via Facebook and email and I have informed the police."

"I have also notified the Wardens of all the other Residences so that they can cascade the warnings and make sure everyone knows of the risk."

Wills Hall is home to around 330 students, nearly all first years

"It's appalling that the warped behaviour of a few individuals means that no-one can leave a drink unattended for a minute or two, but everyone, men as well as women, should be especially careful — in Residences but also when out in town."