A full rundown of Selling Sunset agent Bre’s previous marriage with Johnny Manziel

They were on a reality TV show together

During Selling Sunset season eight Bre Tiesi got caught up in a lot of drama, but one thing I didn’t expect to see was her helping her ex husband Johnny Manziel find a home.

Bre and Johnny, a former NFL quarterback known as “Johnny Football”, had a whirlwind relationship and marriage – some of which was hinted at during the show. The footballer is currently 31-years-old, but the couple were in their 20s when they got married.

They mentioned cheating and Johnny’s struggles in his lifestyle during Selling Sunset, so here’s a full rundown of everything that went down.

Bre Tiesi and Johnny Manziel started dating in 2016

Bre Tiesi and Johnny Manziel

via Trf Images/Shutterstock

Bre Tiesi and Johnny Manziel first started dating in 2016. This was the same year Johnny was fired by his agent and released by the Cleveland Browns because of struggles with drinking and abuse allegations made against him. However, all charges against Johnny were dropped the following year.

In 2016, Johnny opened up about his struggles with addiction

In the same year he started dating Bre, Johnny opened up about his struggles with drinking and addiction. According to The Edge Treatment Centre, Johnny admitted to being addicted to cocaine, and having “severe substance abuse struggles.” Also in 2016, he openly discussed his battle with suicidal thoughts during his darkest times.

During their relationship, the couple were on a reality TV show together

The couple got engaged in March 2017, after less than a year of dating. Johnny asked Bre to marry him whilst they were on holiday in Paris. Whilst they were engaged, Bre was a cast member on WAGS LA, a show that featured the lives of the wives and girlfriends of professional athletes.

Bre Tiesi and Johnny Manziel

via Instagram

In 2018, Bre and Johnny got married

Exactly a year after getting engaged, Bre and Johnny tied the knot. It was a small affair, in a California courthouse. Exactly a year after getting married, there were rumours Johnny had been cheating on Bre, and she posted a number of Instagram statements which fuelled this.

Replying to a comment, Bre said: “Maybe u should wonder why I would leave him instead of worrying about ‘money’ lucky for him I don’t air out personals and lucky for u you are behind a screen u low life.” In another, she added: “U been married? U been betrayed? I don’t do betrayal for a person I was devoted to period. Vows were broken f–k money and f–k u and every other loser on here.”

After this, Bre Tiesi and Johnny Manziel got divorced

Following the cheating rumours, Johnny confirmed the couple had split. “This is all very, very personal and very sad,” he told TMZ Sports. “I appreciate everyone who has been so supportive of both of us and I would just ask that everyone respect our privacy at this difficult time. My hope is to put my head down and be allowed to focus on work and what is required of me on the football field.”

Bre wiped all evidence of Johnny from her social media, and their divorce was finalised in November 2021. On Instagram, Bre made it clear that despite everything, there was no bad blood. She thanked her friends in a post for attending her divorce party (iconic) and added: “No shade to J, wish you nothing but the best, love ya.”

Bre Tiesi and Johnny Manziel

via Netflix

During Selling Sunset season eight, Bre Tiesi and Johnny Manziel spoke of their relationship

Johnny made a cameo on Selling Sunset season eight, where he joined Bre as he looked for a house. Speaking of their relationship, Johnny called himself “a lost, depressed kid running around the Hollywood Hills getting drunk ” and Bre said he “spent a lot of time with someone else on their back.”

Selling Sunset is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.