Just give my money TikTok

‘Just give me my money!’: Explaining how to do the viral TikTok prank and its weird origins

If anyone does this to me I will kick off

If you’ve been on TikTok the past few days, you have likely passed a random new viral prank trend that is inescapable. Even Will Smith has done one, for god’s sake. The TikTok prank trend sees people say “Just give me my money” as they try to catch out an unexpecting friend, but even if you’ve seen these trends you might not really know why they’re saying it or where it actually came from. I certainly didn’t, so I wrote this for my own benefit AND yours. I’m good like that.

Here’s all you need to know about the “Just give my money” trend on TikTok, how to do it and where it all came from!

What actually is the trend?

The trend sees a group of people repeating a motif until the last person does it, and they are the victim of the prank. One by one, the group will say “just give my money”, and then the rest of the group jump, clap and cheer. When the final person says it, nobody does anything – leaving them confused and feeling stupid. Hilarity ensues.

It’s kinda chaos.

Even Will Smith got in on it all!

Okay but what are the origins?

Well, the reports of where the “Just give me my money” TikTok trend came from are conflicting, with two different claims. Some people think its came from when Kai Cenat was streaming with Dreamdoll in the clip below:

Then others are claiming Kai Cenat got it from the film Paid In Full, shown below:

Be prepared to see this trend blow up even more. You know, until we’ve all seen it and know full well what the prank is and it inevitably flops.

For all the latest celeb and entertainment news and gossip, like The Tab on Facebook