Bridgerton creator reveals how long we have to wait until season four and now I’m crying

She’s said it’s ‘some of her best work’, though

One of the creators of Bridgerton has spilled all on how long we have to wait until season four of the show will be released, and tbh, I don’t think I can do it. Part two of season three has just dropped, and waiting a few weeks between those episodes felt like a lifetime in itself.

Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, show runner Jess Brownell has spoken about making the show and its next season, and said she is “really excited” about what’s to come. She still hasn’t put us all out of our misery about whether it will be Benedict’s story told next, or if the Netflix series will jump to tell the love story of another Bridgerton sibling, as it did with season three.

Talking about the next story, and nearly slipping up and saying who it will focus on, Jess told The Hollywood Reporter: “I have almost slipped up a couple of times so keep asking, and maybe I’ll slip up. I’m really excited about what we’re writing. We’re towards the end with the writers room season, with the scripts. And I feel like it’s some of my best work and my writers room’s best work. We’ve just really gelled our collaboration, and we’re firing on all cylinders so I can’t wait for fans to see what we have.”

How long the wait for Bridgerton season four on Netflix will be

via Netflix

She the explained that a lot of time and effort goes into making the show, so unfortunately viewers have a bit of a wait on their hands for the next episodes.

“We are working to try and put the seasons out more quickly, but they do take eight months to film and then they have to be edited, and then they have to be dubbed into every language,” she said. “And the writing takes a very long time as well, so we’re kind of on a two-year pace, we’re trying to speed up but somewhere in that range.”

Two years! I simply can’t cope!

Bridgerton season three is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.