Meet Hannah Dodd: The vibey actress who now plays Francesca in Bridgerton season three

She was rumoured to be dating Sam Fender?!

You might have put on Bridgerton season three ready for your binge watch, and straight away wondered why Francesca looks veeeeery different to before. That’s because the actress who previously played her has been replaced, and Hannah Dodd know plays the Bridgerton sister.

The news about her replacement was over two years ago (yes, that’s how long we’ve been waiting for new episodes), and since then Hannah has been up to loads, as well as being a Bridgerton.

Here’s everything you need to know about Hannah Dodd, the new Francesca Bridgerton in season three of the show.

Hannah Dodd is 28 and from London

Hannah Dodd is 28-years-old. She was born on May 17th 1995 in Hackney, London.

In 2022, she was cast as Francesca ahead of Bridgerton season three

Hannah Dodd as Francesca Bridgerton in Bridgerton season three on Netflix

via Netflix

In 2022, it was confirmed Francesca Bridgerton was going to recast, and Hannah would be taking over the role. Ruby Stokes, who played the character in seasons one and two, left the show to be the lead of another Netflix series, Lockwood & Co.

As well as being Francesca Bridgerton, Hannah Dodd is also a model

Before being cast as Francesca in Bridgerton season three, Hannah has already had a majorly successful career as an actress and model.

Shortly after signing to Select model management, she booked her first big campaign with Burberry starring alongside Romeo Beckham. She’s since done work for brands such as New Look, Topshop and Babylis. Hannah has been named as one the UK’s “rising stars” by Marie Claire and has now been modelling for over 10 years.

Hannah trained at London Studio Centre on the degree course, graduating in 2017. In the past few years she’s had roles such as starring in Find Me In Paris, Fighting With My Family and Harlots. Most recently, she starred in Anatomy of a Scandal and Enola Holmes 2, both on Netflix.

She was rumoured to be dating Sam Fender!

It’s believed Hannah is single right now, but around the time she was cast in season three of Bridgerton, she was rumoured to be dating Sam Fender!

At the time, a source told The Sun: “Sam thinks Hannah is absolutely stunning and has been liking her pictures like crazy, which is of course very flattering for her. She has also followed him back and they are getting on very well. It’s a case of watch this space.”

Hannah has over 200k Instagram followers, and she’s big vibes

Right now, Hannah has just over 200k Instagram followers, but given she’s in one of the biggest shows on Netflix, she’ll probably gain loads more in the coming weeks.

Her Instagram feed is big vibes – filled with modelling pictures, selfies, her hanging out with friends and loads of pictures of the Bridgerton cast.

Part one of Bridgerton season three is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.