The Gentleman ending explained

Right, here’s the The Gentlemen’s chaos ending fully explained

Things do not go smoothly

If you’ve already streamed your way through the entirety of Netflix new Guy Ritchie series The Gentlemen, you’ll probably be feeling pretty invested in Susie’s drug syndicate right now. 

But as the series comes to a close, and Eddie has been well and truly dragged into the humungous weed-growing empire on his family’s estate, everyone has the same big question: Who owns the business now? So, in case you’re confused, here’s the chaos ending of The Gentlemen fully explained: 

Ok, so what does the ending of The Gentlemen mean? Does Eddie buy the business from Bobby?

The Gentleman ending explained

Credit: Netflix

In the final episodes of The Gentlemen, Eddie makes it clear to Bobby he wants out of the business when he goes to visit him in prison. 

But, in a final twist, Eddie realises he actually does want to buy the business after all (indecisive) and need to raise the money to get it. So, he gets Henry Collins to help him so he can get Susie on his side. 

The group raise funds using Eddie’s money from his family estate, £15million from Henry Collins and £30 million Susie had been given as apology money. And, to get rid of the other interested parties, Eddie gets Mr Johnston arrested for tax fraud and tells Mercy Sticky Pete’s bid won. Mercy then kills Sticky Pete before Henry shoots Mercy (chaos), leaving their group as the only bid. 

So, essentially, even though Eddie was sure he wanted clean out of the criminal world, he then became the co-owner of a billion pound drug syndicate. Mayhem. 

So, will there be a The Gentlemen season two? 

The Gentleman ending explained

Credit: Netflix

It’s pretty obvious from the finale episode that there are a lot of loose ends not tied up at the end of The Gentlemen. And Guy Ritchie has said he’s keen for more seasons of the show because he thinks the characters and their world have such longevity. 

“You feel that this could run and run,” he told BBC. “The characters take on their own life, all you have to do is establish a character and create their own voice, and then couple that with an actor and we’re off to the races.”

The Gentlemen is available to watch on Netflix now. For more like this and all the latest Netflix drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.