The Last of Us season two cast

Meet the mega vibey cast of The Last of Us season two

They’re surviving the apocalypse in style

Season two of The Last of Us will contain some of the most emotional and harrowing scenes viewers will have seen yet, so the cast has got their work cut out for them. All I’ll say is that if you thought Bill and Frank were emotional scenes then you haven’t seen anything yet.

Dina, Jesse and Abby have now all been cast, and the actors and actresses playing them look so vibey. So, whilst we count down the days until season two releases let’s meet the iconic cast of the Last of Us season two.

Isabela Merced – Dina

22 year old Isabela Merced is an American actress and singer who has been cast in the role of Dina in season two of The Last of Us.

She played the lead role of CJ Martin on the Nickelodeon series 100 Things to Do Before High School. In films, she has been in Transformers, Instant Family, Sweet Girl and played Dora in Dora and The Lost City of Gold.

She released her first music single called Papi in 2015, and followed it with her debut EP, The Better Half of Me in 2020. She was named one of Billboard’s top 15 new Peruvian artists in 2020.

Showrunners Craig and Neil said: “Dina is warm, brilliant, wild, funny, moral, dangerous and instantly lovable. You can search forever for an actor who effortlessly embodies all of those things, or you can find Isabela Merced right away. We couldn’t be prouder to have her join our family.”

Young Mazino – Jesse

32 year old Young Mazino has been cast in the role of Jesse in season two of The Last of Us. If you feel like you recognise him from somewhere he played Steven Yeun’s younger brother Paul in Beef. His performance in the Netflix show earned him a nomination for the Primetime Emmy Award.

Neil and Craig said: “Young is one of those rare actors who is immediately undeniable the moment you see him. We’re so lucky to have him, and we can’t wait for the audience to see Young shine in our show.”

Kaitlyn Dever – Abby

Kaitlyn Denver has been cast as Abby in season two of The Last of Us. Abby is one of the most important characters in the second season, and if the producers stick to the plot of the original games she might not be the most popular character. If you know you know.

Kaitlyn became known for her roles in series like Justified, Last Man Standing and Dopesick. She earned Golden Globe nominations for her performances in Unbelievable and Dopesick. Her parents own their own pretzel shop and from 1999 to 2001 her dad was the voice of Barney the Dinosaur. So iconic.

This isn’t Kaitlyn’s first dive into something videogame-related either, as she provided the voice acting and motion capture for Cassie Drake in Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End.

The showrunners said: “Our casting process for season two has been identical to season one: we look for world-class actors who embody the souls of the characters in the source material… Nothing matters more than talent, and we’re thrilled to have an acclaimed performer like Kaitlyn join Pedro, Bella, and the rest of our family.”