MAFS Australia

Here’s everything we know about the new season of MAFS Australia

The producers wanted to move away from a cast of ‘young wannabe influencers’

Season 11 of MAFS Australia is starting in the New Year, but there are still a lot of unanswered questions about the dating show. From when it’s officially starting to what elements of the show might be changing, here is everything we know about the newest season of MAFS Australia.

When is it starting?

MAFS Australia returns Monday, January 29, at 7:30pm on Channel Nine. It has not yet been confirmed when it will be available to watch in the UK.

What is the cast going to be like?

The newest season of MAFS Australia is set to bring the most diverse cast of brides and grooms, including the oldest-ever participant that has featured on the show.

A source for the show said: “Producers didn’t want another cast full of young wannabe influencers, so this year they’re including more older couples, including the oldest groom to ever appear on the show.”

What drama is going to take place this season?

There has already been a lot of drama reported on the new season of MAFS, with production being thrown into chaos after cast members “walked out” and abruptly “quit the show.”

Tim Smith was set to be part of a same-sex couple on the show but his groom Simon Flocco quit the show just days before their wedding was set to take place. Simon told The Daily Mail Australia: “MAFS wasn’t what I thought I wanted at this point in my life, that’s all,” with his decision reportedly leaving producers “running around like headless chickens trying to salvage the situation.”

What elements from the show will be returning?

Confession week, Alessandra’s intimacy week and homestays will all be returning to the show alongside the couples retreat, with all couples going away together to a brand new location this year.

Will the experts be returning?

All three of the experts on the panel will be returning, John Aiken, Mel Schilling, and clinical sexologist Alessandra Rampolla.

For all the latest Married at First Sight Australia news and gossip, like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook.