Friends Matthew Perry joint statement

‘We are so utterly devastated’: Friends cast release statement after Matthew Perry’s death

Their joint tribute is heartbreaking

Matthew Perry’s Friends co-stars, Jennifer Aniston, Matt LeBlanc, Courteney Cox, David Schwimmer and Lisa Kudrow, have released a shared tribute to the 54-year-old Chandler Bing actor after he passed away on Saturday.

“We are all so utterly devastated by the loss of Matthew. We were more than just cast mates. We are a family,” the cast said in a joint statement to People. “There is so much to say, but right now we’re going to take a moment to grieve and process this unfathomable loss.

“In time we will say more, as and when we are able,” they continued. “For now, our thoughts and our love are with Matty’s family, his friends, and everyone who loved him around the world.”

Matthew Perry was found unresponsive at his home in Los Angeles on Saturday. It’s been reported Matthew died by drowning in his hot tub at the house. However, his cause of death has been listed as “deferred” on the LA County coroner’s website as they await results of a toxicology report, which could take weeks.

Fans have praised Matthew’s friends co-stars for their joint statement during this time of grief. “I knew they would be smart and classy enough to give a joint statement. Deepest sympathies to all of them as well as Matt’s family,” wrote one person on Twitter. “A beautiful statement. We’ll be there for you,” added another.