Love Island's Mitch Taylor returning to day job

Love Island’s Mitch announces he’s returning to his day job after being dropped by agency

He previously worked as a gas engineer

Love Island’s Mitch Taylor is planning on returning to his day job, he revealed in an Instagram Q&A.

One fan asked, “Are you going to be doing gas/plumbing work again?” Mitch replied saying, “100 per cent going to go back.”

His change in career comes after being dropped by his management after allegations he was ‘homophobic’ and was behaving in a ‘disgusting’ manner at a Space NK event last month, which he attended with Zachariah Noble.

Mitch addressed the allegations in a statement saying: “Over the weekend there were a lot of allegations against me and Zach. I do want to start off by apologising to Zach because these accusations have nothing to do with him. He’s just been dragged into it. They are solely about me. I want to talk about each one individually and put it to bed and have my side.

“The first accusation I want to talk about are the words ‘we are the most famous people in here’. That is true, I said that to Zach as a bit of banter but it’s been taken the wrong way. I can admit it wasn’t that funny but I was trying to have a bit of a laugh.

“The next accusation would be me throwing money at a homeless person money. It’s been twisted into an evil act, and it’s not true I was trying to do a kind gesture.

“I will admit when I was at this event I was quite happy and loud, it’s a completely different world for me. I’ve gone from fitting boilers to going to some fancy event. It can come across as unprofessional and I understand that. Whoever was at the event and saw me there acting like that, I do apologise.

“This is probably the biggest accusation out of them all, about being homophobic. I spoke to an influencer at the event and my words were ‘I fancied you when you were straight.’ I can see how that can come across. I’m really bad with my words sometimes. I was nervous to meet this person because I am a fan of them. I do apologise. I was trying to be respectful to that person but obviously I got it completely wrong.

“I apologise that the statements took so long to be put across, I had to take some time off social media over the weekend. The amount of hate and death threats I was getting I just couldn’t deal with it. I just want to end it on hopefully that’s cleared things up. I’m not homophobic and never have been – I’m just bad with my words sometimes, and I hope you can understand.”

So, if you have a faulty boiler now might be the time to send Mitch a message.

For all the latest on Love Island’s Mitch, reality TV news and gossip, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook