Catherine and Scott both say they’d STILL get back together despite Love Island USA

It was just last week Scott was in the USA, but Catherine said ‘never say never’

Brace yourself because there’s another Catherine and Scott update. In an interview at the Virgin Media premiere last night, Catherine finally revealed where she stands with Scott van-der-Sluis, after his stint on Love Island USA.

The former goalkeeper struck up a brief romance with Catherine on Love Island UK earlier this summer. But the romance between the two of them came to an end when Catherine returned from Casa Amor with Elom Ahlijah-Wilson. After Catherine and Elom split fans were hoping that Scott and Catherine would reunite following their chemistry on the show.

But in a shocking twist, Scott unexpectedly appeared as a bombshell on Love Island USA where he struck up a romance with Johnnie Olivia, but was dumped from the show last week, after the public voted for their favourite couples.

Scott took to Instagram Live to talk about “a certain girl” that his comments kept mentioning saying that Catherine and he “both get on really well” and that he was “sure we’ll rekindle when I get back.”

Following his live, Catherine was asked whether she knew that Scott was joining Love Island USA before he went into the villa, but Catherine was just as surprised as us, saying that she “didn’t know about it for a while, then it came into my ear, but you know I wish him all the best, I’ll be here for him.”

This is a different story than what Scott’s sister posted on his Instagram about his decision to enter the US villa where they said that “all other Islanders were aware and supportive of his decision.”

So despite Scott apparently not even bothering to tell Catherine himself he was going into the US villa it seems a rekindling of their romance is not off the cards for Catherine. When asked about Scott’s wish to rekindle with her when he gets back from America, Catherine responded saying “I can’t predict the future, but again we are friends… you know I always say never say never, but I don’t know what will happen.” “If it’s meant to be, it will be” she added.

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.