Zara McDermott Strictly Come Dancing

Love Island’s Zara McDermott has joined the celeb line-up for Strictly Come Dancing 2023

My worlds are colliding all at once

Love Island star Zara McDermott has been confirmed to be taking part in Strictly Come Dancing 2023. The reality TV star will join the professional dancers in a series like no other.

The news was announced on social media today. The social media account for Strictly Come Dancing wrote: “We’ve got a text! BBC Three documentary maker and former Love Island contestant Zara McDermott is joining the cast of Strictly 2023.”

About starring on the show, Zara McDermott said: “I am so excited to be joining the world of Strictly! I grew up watching it every year with my nan and she was the biggest Strictly fan. We would dance around the house and I have such fond memories of that time in my life.

“I even remember the first ever series, and being mesmerised by all the beautiful dresses! I can’t wait to throw myself into this experience and start training. It’s going to be incredible.”

Zara is a broadcaster and content creator and was previously a government policy advisor, working for the Department of Energy and Climate Change and Department of Education before appearing on Love Island in 2018. She famously coupled up with Adam Collard before being dumped from the Island. She is now in a relationship with Made In Chelsea’s Sam Thompson.

Since Love Island, Zara has focused on documentary making and has fronted five BBC documentaries so far. Her projects include Revenge Porn, Uncovering Rape Culture, Disordered Eating, and Gaia: A Death on Dancing Ledge. Her other broadcasting work includes presenting the entertainment show Love In The Flesh on BBC Three.

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.