Over 30,000 people turned up to London Pride 2023 and the pictures are iconic

Over 30,000 people marched in London Pride 2023 and the pictures are iconic

Of course the whole cast of Heartstopper was there

This weekend, over 30,000 people marched as part of London Pride 2023.

Drag Race UK star Bimini and Little Mix queen Jade Thirlwall were there, along with what felt like the entire cast of Heartstopper, the series’ creator, Alice Oseman, and influencers such as Max Balegde.

Many held banners and signs about protecting trans rights. This follows the recent news that the government will ban schools from recognising a child’s preferred gender, if their parents say no, in what has been dubbed “worse than Section 28” by many LGBTQ+ activists and teachers.

Pride in London has said this year’s theme was #NeverMarchAlone, and there was a focus trans allyship. “We call on all individuals, groups and organisations to give this space the respect and focus it deserves in an increasingly hostile and unsafe world,” the group said.

The cast of Heartstopper were out in force, seen chanting to drown out the noise of anti-LGBTQ+ protestors, before they took to the stage in Trafalgar Square where the show’s season two teaser trailer was dropped.

Yasmin Finney, who plays the character Elle, told the crowd: “We’re just happy that Heartstopper has given people the chance to be themselves and own who they are.”

And of course, the pictures from London Pride 2023 were nothing short of iconic.

Here’s London Pride 2023, in all the best pictures:

Photo by Vuk Valcic/ZUMA Press Wire/Shutterstock

Photo by Loredana Sangiuliano/SOPA Images/Shutterstock

Photo by Hesther Ng/SOPA Images/Shutterstock

Photo by Pietro Recchia/SOPA Images/Shutterstock

Photo by Sinai Noor/Shutterstock

Bimini and Jade Thirlwall were marching for trans rights

Of course the Heartstopper cast and creators were there (with Max Balegde, for some reason)

Featured image by Pietro Recchia/SOPA Images/Shutterstock