Girl who believes she’s Madeleine McCann gives update as DNA test results are ‘imminent’

During the tests, doctors found worrying signs Julia may have cancer

It’s been a while since Julia Faustyna, also known as Julia Wendell, went viral with claims she thinks she’s Madeleine McCann. The story quickly spiralled when it was reported she was getting a DNA test with the McCann family to see if she really is Madeleine, and now in an update, she’s shared the results of that test are imminent.

Julia is currently waiting for the results of three DNA samples and a genetic test. If the results come back and show Julia is British, psychic medium and private investigator Dr Fia Johansson, who has been working with Julia, has confirmed they will continue their investigation into Madeleine McCann and communicate with the detectives in Portugal. “We have a lot of evidence right now that shows Julia was definitely trafficked to Poland,” she said.

Dr Fia said Julia’s DNA test results are going to be matched against Madeleine’s and right now they are “really badly waiting for and checking every day the status of it.”

In an Instagram live, she said: “A lot of you ask why Kate and Gerry [are not involved] . There is no need – Madeleine McCann’s DNA is already there. They don’t need to get involved with media press. When the DNA test is coming, which I am really badly waiting for and checking every day the status of it, we will match with a DNA test of [Madeleine] McCann.

“[She could also match] anyone else out there that looking for their kid that may [be] missing at that time.”

Julia Wendell awaiting DNA test result update to see if she is Madeleine McCann

via Instagram @persianmedium

She later issued a statement to Julia’s parents in Poland, saying they “can’t hide anymore”. Speaking out to Julia’s mother, she said: “I don’t know if it was fortunate or unfortunate [for you] that Julia found me. But I believe, as I feel about you and I want to investigate about you and your whole entire family, unfortunately Julia found me.

“I’m not backing off. She’s not alone, she’s not that seven-year-old [girl] who would shut her, be scared and say no. Even if she says no, I will go forward. You can’t stop Julia – I will bring justice to Julia.”

In the weeks after she went viral, Julia travelled the to the US for her DNA test. During tests, doctors are reported to have also found worrying discoveries in her blood – signs she could have Leukaemia. There has been no update on these findings.

Dr Fia has confirmed the DNA test results are due back this week, and an update on whether Julia is Madeleine McCann will follow.