This is how old the cast of Netflix teen drama Fate: The Winx Saga actually are

Spoiler: Not teens!!!

Netflix has just released the second series of teen drama Fate: The Winx Saga, all about a bunch of fairies who attend a magical boarding school to learn about their powers. Which might sound a little ridiculous, but we all quickly became obsessed it it. This has the added benefit of some bitchy drama, scandal, lies and sexual tension to make it you know, less fairytale feeling. But yet again, Netflix is casting much older people to play teen roles. So, what are the ages of all the cast of Fate: The Winx Saga in real life?

In the series they all attend Alfea College for Fairies. The characters, apart from Bloom, are British – so it can be assumed they are meant to be of UK college age, so from 16 to 18. Here’s the full cast of the supposed “teens” and how old they are in real life.

Abigail Cowen – Bloom

Age in real life: 24

via Netflix

Abigail Cowen who plays the lead, American fire fairy Bloom, is 24 in real life. She was born on March 18th 1998 in Florida. You might recognise her from Chilling Adventures of Sabrina on Netflix.

Danny Griffin – Sky

Age in real life: 25

via Netflix

School heartthrob Sky is played by Danny Griffin. He was born in London in 1997, and is best known for playing Aslan in The Gentleman.

Hannah van der Westhuysen – Stella

Age in real life: 27

Fate: The Winx Saga, Winx Saga, Netflix, teen, drama, cast, ages, real life, age, how old, Hannah van der Westhuysen, Stella

via Netflix

Shady mentor Stella is played by London actress Hannah van der Westhuysen. She was born on August 26th 1995.

Elisha Applebaum – Musa

Age in real life: 27

via Netflix

Musa, who (clue is in the name) listens to her music all the time, is played by Elisha Applebaum. Elisha was born on September 9th 1995, making her 27 in real life.

Precious Mustapha- Aisha

Age in real life: 25

Fate: The Winx Saga, Winx Saga, Netflix, teen, drama, cast, ages, real life, age, how old, Precious Mustapha, Aisha

via Netflix

Aisha, a water fairy who loves swimming, is played by Precious Mustapha. She’s a 25-year-old actress from Hackney, London, in real life.

Eliot Salt – Terra

Age in real life: 28

Eliot Salt, Terra

via Netflix

You might be surprised to know that Terra is actually the eldest of the teens in Fate: The Winx Saga. The earth fairy who just loves a succulent (same), is played by Eliot Salt, who was born on January 18th 1994 so is 28. You might recognise her from Normal People.

Freddie Thorp – Riven

Age in real life: 28

Fate: The Winx Saga, Winx Saga, Netflix, teen, drama, cast, ages, real life, age, how old, Freddie Thorp, Riven

via Netflix

Freddie Thorp plays Riven, one of the Specialists in Fate: The Winx Saga. In real life, the actor is 28 and you might recognise him from the Netflix drama Safe – an adaptation of the Harlan Coben novel.

Jacob Dudman – Sam

Age in real life: 25

via Netflix

Terra’s brother and also a student at the Alfea College for Fairies, Sam, is played by 25-year-old Jacob Dudman. You might recognise him as Thomas Price in Netflix’s adaption of Harlan Coben’s novel The Stranger.

Sadie Soverall – Beatrix

Age in real life: 20

via Netflix

Beatrix, who introduces herself as being “obsessed” with Alfea and the headteacher, is played by Sadie Soverall. Sadie is the youngest of the Fate: The Winx Saga cast – she’s 20 and her birthday is 17th January 2002.

Theo Graham – Dane

Age in real life: 25

Fate: The Winx Saga, Winx Saga, Netflix, teen, drama, cast, ages, real life, age, how old, Theo Graham, Dane

via Netflix

Dane is played by 25-year-old Theo Graham. He was born on June 20th 1997, and is best known as Hunter McQueen in Hollyoaks.

Paulina Chávez – Flora

Age in real life: 20

via Netflix

Paulina Chávez plays Flora, a new fairy introduced in season two, who is Terra’s cousin. Paulina is 20 in real life.

Éanna Hardwicke – Sebastian

Age in real life: 33

via Netflix

Also joining the cast is Éanna Hardwicke as Sebastian. He’s 33 in real life, and you might recognise him from Normal People.

Fate: The Winx Saga is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, quizzes, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.