This app is more effective at preventing pregnancy than your birth control pill

Finally, birth control for us lazy girls

Hide Images

Did you ever think you’d see the day of no longer having to take your carefully-scheduled birth control pill or schedule regular check-ups for your IUD? It’s here and we are fucking pumped.

Natural Cycles, an app for both iPhone and Android, has just been approved by the MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency) as a suitable alternative to the pill or any other contraception, and is available in the U.S. A study found that only five women out of 1,000 will get pregnant accidentally if the app is used correctly.

The app comes with a thermometer which will help indicate how fertile you are at any given moment in the week.

There is a cost of $5.40 a month to use the app, but considering the success of the study and the typical cost of birth control (mine is $10 a month, $120 a year), $64.99 a year doesn’t sound too shabby. Plus, you can get a free trial month to test it out and see how you feel, though if we had to guess based on all the other reviews, it sounds promising.

Added bonus: one of the co-creators of the app received a Nobel Prize in 2013 for helping discover the Higgs Boson. Girl, I trust you.