Police say there’s no reason to fear the worst

Police officers hunting for legendary Bristol DJ, Derek Serpell-Morris, have reported ten “positive” sightings of him across the UK. 

The 73 year-old, who pioneered rocksteady, reggae, ska and dancehall music in the UK, was last seen on July 10 at the Commercial Rooms pub in Corn Street.

Concern had grown for Derek after it was reported he had complained of head pains when he took the bus to his home in St Paul’s at around 11pm.

He never arrived home that night and officers found he had not used his bank account or bought anything from that date.

Derek has now been missing for more than three weeks.

t-1

Officers are now combing the city centre and will widen the search after dozens of people rang in with sightings of Derek.

Some of the calls have come from as far as Ireland, although police believe he is still in the Bristol area.

A check of CCTVs in Leeds showed one sighting to be false. DJ Derek is known to travel to pubs around the country.

None of the hospitals in the Bristol area have seen him, after checks were done today.

Acting Detective Inspector Clare Hargreaves told the Bristol Post: “There are teams of people at the moment following some leads from the public.”

“There could be a number of reasons why Derek has gone missing, and hopefully we will find him safe and well.

“There are lots of different specialist teams. We will start working from the last positive sighting of him and work outwards from there.

“We have been in touch with the family and just spoke to them this afternoon. There are obviously growing concerns for him, because we have not heard from him in three weeks.

“We need to raise the public awareness for him.”

Celebrities including Dizzee Rascal, Massive Attack’s Daddy G and Radio 1’s Rob Da Bank have all appealed for member of the public to come forward with information regarding Derek’s whereabouts.

dizzeederek

Police are sure he has not gone missing before, and that this disappearance was out of character.

DC Hargreaves added: “He is quite a private person and keeps himself to himself but he seems to travel a lot. But when he has travelled, he has always been in contact with his family, but he hasn’t this time.

“He hasn’t got a mobile phone.

“We have re-checked with the hospitals in Bristol, and he wasn’t there. His GP records show there were no health concerns and no issues.

“There are concerns, but no reason to fear the worst.”

@Will_Lloyd_

• Oooh

I think the real news here is that there’s a course that can be studied at an actual university called ‘strength and conditioning’.

• backtoplebbit

He went to Spain to improve his chances of obtaining skin cancer and sleeping with other fat British girls with his pleb ladiator mates, what was you expecting?

• Elliot Lord

I can’t understand if you’re trolling or not? You disagree with holidays to hot countries, you said ladiator, you have bad grammar/word selection. But more importantly, I don’t remember being a fat British girl?

• Nik Nak

If you’ve ever played sport to a relatively high level or even just at Uni level, you’ll understand how big of a deal S&C is and that it can require a degree to get a top S&C job.

• good luck with a job

hahahahahaha ok sure mate

• anon

Why do you find this hard to believe? It’s no more absurd than getting a degree to be a dietician or personal trainer.

• dfdf

The bodybuilding industry is huge.

• Elliot Lord

Name me one bodybuilder that has an S&C coach.

• Elliot Lord

My guy! It’s incredible how many people have read this (and on Mail Online) just to make a comment about my Degree. Through my years of experience I can tell they aren’t even trollers, they’re just losers for wasting their time trying to make themselves feel like what they do is more important by putting S&C down!

• Elliot Lord

The real news is that you’re able to read this whole article to make a comment about an extremely successful degree in a thriving industry and a person you know absolutely nothing about. What went wrong?

• Oooh

I’m not saying that the skillset isn’t needed. Just maybe it could be an NVQ or one of those things you can do over a weekend and get a nice shiny certificate.

• Sam

It doesn’t cost £331 for an emergency passport…

• Elliot Lord

120 Emergency Passport, 130 Flight, 42 Hotel, 30 taxi from Magaluf to Palma + taxi from airport to home and food and bus to airport etc. Must have just been easiest to group them in one..

• Bradley Williamson

Flights to Palma are only around £40-60, would have been cheaper for a friend/ family member to fly out with the right passport…

• student

Its easy to blame the airline but lets be honest the real moron is the guy studying a micky mouse degree at a micky mouse university who picked up the wrong passport and didnt bother to check it. What a loser! As for the flawed beard argument, photos can be 5-10 years old on a passport, beards can grow in that time.

• Elliot Lord

Id say you’re the real moron here for trolling. I don’t remember taking a Micky Mouse degree at Disney Land? I don’t know what makes my degree so inferior to yours (assuming you’re doing one). I also don’t know what makes you an expert on beards.

• Elliot Lord

Clearly go to Brunel and are bitter about Varsity still.

• They could

literally be twins

• jakakaka

An emergency passport costs £103. His brother is fineeeeeeeeee

• Okay boss

“It was supposed to be a relaxing summer holiday with his 25 pals.”

Always relaxing when there’s 25 of you.

• Elliot Lord

There were 26 of us all together and of course it wasn’t relaxing. We don’t have time to play games Kenneth