Cheers to all the Women Entrepreneurs around the world

Support your global girl gang

Today is Global Women’s Entrepreneurship Day — a great day to support women in business everywhere.

Despite the fact the gender pay gap is still being questioned as a sham to society and the thought of women not being paid equally until the year 2152, there’s still hope that women will succeed despite the obstacles we face today.

Fortune reported a four percent drop of female CEOs in the Fortune 500 list in 2016 due to some women CEOs stepping down. But from the 29 companies that joined the Fortune 500 this year, only one has a female CEO.

“For women at the top levels of American business, it can sometimes feel like every step forward is followed by two steps back.”

As a woman, it is disheartening to hear that being said, but it also motivates the millions of young girls out there to continue pursuing a job in business in order to shatter the cycle of male CEOs in every single company.

For that reason, women around the world need to unite and support each other today in honor of Global Women Entrepreneurship Day.  You can help by visiting choosewomen.org to shop from the various businesses run by women. Sephora, Adidas, Bare Minerals, and American Apparel are just a few labels that could be found on website.

A percentage of the sale will help fund impoverished women become the fearless leaders by making their own business.

“Every purchase made through this site will help impoverished women around the world with microloans to become entrepreneurs. There are no extra charges, and no hidden fees. You shop, she thrives!”

If you choose to not shop through this website, you could donate directly to women in need of building their own businesses on here.

It is estimated by Choose Women that women perform 66 percent of the world’s work, but earn a mere 10 percent of the world’s income.

If this doesn’t make you want to get up and do something then I don’t know what will. Let’s support the women entrepreneurs globally today who have not only surpassed everyone’s expectations of them, but who will also inspire countless young women to reach their level of success one day.

Temple University