Babe is looking for new writers

We’re recruiting

Babe is a movement for girls who dgaf.

Launched in May 2016 by a few editors at The Tab, it already has 500,000 fans on Facebook and last month published more than a thousand stories, making it one of the fastest growing women’s sites on the internet.

The faces of babe (our current writing team)

Our stories go everywhere. Our piece on sexism at the Olympics was the third most read story about Rio 2016 and was read by over two million people. Now we’re expanding, and, opening applications for the first time since we launched in May, we’re looking for new people to write for us as we grow.

Our contributors write about young women’s lives better than a lot of sites because they are young women. We don’t do patronizing trend pieces about what girls are into or which apps they are using – we just talk about normal stuff.

Put simply, babe cares about big things, about real issues which affect American and British women from college age to their mid-twenties.

babey

Babe is life affirming, it’s aspirational and supportive, it’s positive. The whole of the feminist internet right now seems to be about calling people out, fighting, saying how bad everything is and minutely analyzing every phrase that comes out of men/ the media. We care about the big issues that affect women – but at the same time, babe is about celebration, not anger.

Babe contributors represent that with stories that are ballsy innovative, that don’t give a fuck about what anyone will think of you for writing them.

If you would like to write for babe in the US, email amanda@thetab.com with a bit about yourself and 2-3 story ideas you’d be excited to write.

If you would like to write for babe in the UK, email roisin@thetab.com.

NOW WATCH: