Someone claimed the ‘killer clowns’ arrived in Oregon and literally no one cares

UO keeping things chill, as usual

The alleged ‘killer clowns’ that have been a subject of concern in many states have now – apparently – made an appearance in Portland, Oregon. The mass hysteria has spread across the country with multiple clown sightings at schools including JMU, Syracuse, and Delaware. 

The Oregon police have confirmed that the clown attacks are a viral rumor with the purpose of, “upset[ting] you and caus[ing] fear”, but regardless they’ve prompted a fair amount of conversation around campus.

Some students have different opinions on whether this is a genuine cause for concern, or just a tactic to scare people.

Students have mixed feelings about the clown rumors

“I found the clowns creepy and uncomfortable,” said sophomore Ashley Huynh.

While some students do admit that it makes them uncomfortable, they also think the drama surrounding it makes it bigger than it should be.

“I think it’s scary, but I think anybody attacking anyone is scary,” said senior Journalism major Erin Hampton. “I don’t think it’s the fact that it’s clowns but I think it’s been dramatized to the point where it’s ridiculous.”

Overall, people seem to believe the whole ‘clown’ thing has been made a bigger deal then it actually is.

“I think that the public likes to blow things out of proportion, especially in the media,” said sophomore Business major Zayna Salvador.

Students saw clowns on campus yesterday – but fear not, they were promoting a haunted house.

The clowns on campus were promoting a haunted house

“I wouldn’t say I’m scared of it for the moment at least,” Zayna said.

University of Oregon