Everything that makes San Diego the best place in the world

I live where you vacation

With beautiful weather year-round, Southern California’s famed beaches, and a laid back vibe, San Diego is the place to be. As the oldest city in California and about an hour drive to Mexico, San Diego is a cultural melting with something for everybody.

Perfect weather 

San Diego is know for its perfect weather – it’s always sunny and 75 degrees. Although, we do have to deal with earthquakes, wildfires, the marine layer and June Gloom, we can’t complain. The funniest part about ‘winter’ is once it goes under 60 degrees Californian’s break out their Ugg boots.

We don’t do well with cold weather here in SoCal.

Music festivals 

Only 162.3 miles away from Coachella and Stagecoach and 115.6 mi away from Hard Summer these festivals have become a right of passage for each San Diegan teen. A caravan with your best friends is the best way to spend a weekend while making memories you will never forget. Thank you San Diego for being located so closely to these magical locations.

Downtown SD

If you’re looking for great food, good times and beautiful people head downtown. It’s also home to Comic Con and other big conventions that attract people from all over the world. The music and nightlife are enough to bring anyone downtown, but if you need extra convincing you can always check out Petco Park where the San Diego Parades play or you could go for dinner right on the bay.

Water activities 

Whether it’s going to the beach for a quick swim, boogie board, or just watch the sunset there is always something to do in SD if you love the water. A casual weekend in San Diego could be taking a boat trip to Catalina, going paddle boarding around the Carlsbad lagoon or jet skiing around Mission Bay.

Comic and movie fans unite

Ever heard of Comic-Con? San Diego has been home to Comic-Con International since 1970 and has been creating huge crowds for decades. Comic-Con is held at the San Diego Convention Center where celebrities, comic geeks, and fans from across the world come to celebrate their love for science fiction and beyond.

LA is a quick drive away

Only two short hours from San Diego awaits Los Angeles. The close proximity to LA allows for a quick trip for some shopping, to see incredible entrainment, or you can just enjoy the classic LA nightlife. Heading up North is the perfect excuse for a little daycation.

Amusement parks 

To name a few SeaWorld, Belmont Park, Legoland, Disneyland, and Six Flags are super close to San Diego. We also have Birch Aquarium and the San Diego Zoo that are great no matter your age. These amusement parks attract millions of tourists each year, but living in San Diego you are lucky enough to go whenever you please.

Live music 

SD is a great place to see your favorite artists. Whether it’s at Sleep Train Amphitheater or the House of Blues you are guaranteed to have a blast. Musicians love coming to San Diego for the chill vibes and dope crowds. Coming to a concert here will result in a good time you and your friends will never forget.

The Original Pancake House

If you have not had a pancake from the OG Pancake House then you really have not tasted perfection. Their chocolate chip pancakes are life-changing and will have you craving more. Although this restaurant was started in Portland, Oregon it has rapidly become a staple for every San Diegan’s brunch.

Board and Brew

If you have never had a sandwich from Board and Brew before I feel sorry for you. The first thing you must do when visiting San Diego is to go and try one of their delicious sandwiches with their secret sauce that comes with a beach vibe. Board and Brew has become a local favorite and shows no sign of slowing down. They already have 14 locations and counting.

Amazing hiking trails

You can go hike Potato Chip Rock for a good photo op, take a swim in Devil’s punch bowl, or make the stunning hike over Torrey Pine’s beach. With beautiful cliffs overlooking ocean is something you will never get quite used to and makes each excruciating hike up Torrey Pines worth it.

Pacific coast highway

We are famous for our traffic in California, but the best part of San Diego is you don’t have to sit on the 1-5 in stand still traffic. There are alternative routes, such as, the 101 or Pacific Coast Highway where you can make your way home while over looking the ocean. That is the life man.

Beaches on beaches on beaches

We are lucky enough have some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. A day at the beach is a go-to plan no matter what time of year. You also have the best excuse to go bathing suit shopping because you will always need one. It doesn’t matter if it is June or December we will have surfers in the water and trust me it is not bad eye candy.

With the constantly amazing weather and low key lifestyle it’s easy to see why San Diego is loved by millions. Living in the suburbs is the best of both worlds – you have the city life if you want it and you also get the hometown.

San Diego is your home and that will never change.