Meet the Republicans who hate Trump so much they’re voting for Hillary

‘Trump’s version of Latino outreach is posting a picture of a taco bowl’

Over the past few months, we’ve seen the Republican Party starting to crack.

Historically, conservatives have banded together to contest the left wing. Now the actions of Donald Trump have ostracized countless groups within the GOP, from women to Muslims to the disabled.

He’s been pushing voters away – and he’s started to see the consequences as high profile Republicans have defected from their party to vote for Hillary. GOP fundraisers, campaigners, and even former senators have publicly announced they will vote Democrat to stop a Trump presidency.

We spoke to a few young Republicans who are making the same difficult compromise in the hope that Hillary Clinton would make a better President.

Emily Medeiros

As a conservative, I will not and cannot endorse Trump. It’s simple: he is not suited to be president. First of all, what plan does Trump actually have? This election is simply a game for him – he is completely ignorant to how difficult the political realm can be, and whenever he speaks he is almost guaranteed to slip up. When Donald Trump comes to mind, I don’t think of a presidential candidate – rather a billionaire looking to conquer more territory. He is crude, offensive, and inconsiderate.

Hillary, however, is recognized internationally as a politician and has very good relations with other governments – she is much more moderate and balanced. The president must be neutral, and evidently Trump is quite the opposite. The choice is obvious to me. Hillary is advocating for the nation as a whole, not a particular group of people, challenging Trumps terrifying rhetoric.

Pat Olsen

Even though I was brought up as a Republican, I realize how ridiculous Donald Trump’s campaign is. As a country we do not need hatred and violence, we need a level-headed, intelligent role model and leader.

Trump’s version of Latino outreach is posting a picture of a taco bowl. I just do not see him as qualified to run this country.

Christian Rodriguez

I’ve always viewed the Republican Party as somewhat nonintellectual and lacking common sense, but now with Donald Trump as the nominee, the RNC is practically campaigning that way. To me, it seems like Hillary is the only sensible candidate. My family and all of my friends are voting for her, and I sincerely hope that everyone else realizes the importance of this election. Right now, our country could go either way. Trump would spell disaster, and to me – Hillary would do a better job in office. I do not mean to bash the RNC in any way, but I am pretty disappointed in their choice to nominate a walking cheez-doodle.

Even though we are still a few months away from Election Day, the time for a dominant lead is now. The few weeks following the DNC and RNC are arguably the most important in predicting the outcome of the presidential election. Trumps alienation of his own party has left room for Hillary to take a commanding lead – we will see if Republican voters actually break the mold and support the Democratic Nominee.