I asked girls about the craziest pickup lines they’ve heard

‘I think you sat in sugar, because that’s a sweet bottom’

With “cuffing season” in full effect, guys everywhere are getting their best material together in order to find bae. Whether or not their pickup lines are effective or even slightly decent is questionable, but they definitely make great stories to laugh at with your girls later.

I asked women what lines guys have used on them when they were trying to pick them up.

Marilyn, 20, University of Texas at Austin

“‘I like your lips, do you like mine?’ *creepy smirk* This was at a convenience store at night, so I quickly got my blue Powerade and dipped.”

Kylah, 19, Texas State University

“Hey, I think you sat in sugar, because that’s a sweet bottom!”

Ashley, 20, University of Texas at Austin

“I was in Cozumel, Mexico, on vacation and I was stopped by a guy. He said: ‘You look like you have not been pleased in a while and I’m just the one to solve your problem, mami. Stay in Cozumel, I’ll please your pussy.’ It was the worst thing I had ever heard in my life.”

Corina, 20, Tarleton State University

“I don’t know if this is a pick up line, but one time this guy was walking next to me like he was talking to someone. So I asked, ‘Are you talking to me?’ And he was like, ‘Nah, I was talking to my friend’ (there was no friend around) ‘…but I would like to talk to you because you are a beautiful black woman. Can I at least get yo name?’ And I walked off.”

Aubrey, 21, San Diego State

“Guy: ‘You know it’s illegal to steal, right?’ Me: ‘WTF?’ Guy: ‘Yeah, it’s illegal to steal people’s breath away.'”

Kirstie, 20, Florida Atlantic University

“Hey sexy. I believe in love at first sight and I know you didn’t see me the first time, so I’m going to walk by again. Pay attention, aight?”

Weird approaches are not new. Men have been using strange pick up lines for years. Here is one from back in the day.

Anonymous, University of Houston ’89

“Can I have your picture so I can show Santa what I want for Christmas?”

Pickup lines can range from cheesy to creepy to just plain disgusting. It is about time that guys realize a simple “Hi, what’s your name?” will suffice. It’s the best and easiest way to avoid getting curved.