It’s not just the Republicans struggling for party unity – so are the Democrats

There’s been a lot of talk about rigged systems

DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz will not speak at the party’s convention this week, and has now resigned as chair. Party officials rescinded her position after reports revealed leaked emails showing the committee favoring Hillary Clinton during the Democratic primary.

Donald Trump wasted no time in calling out the Democrats on their “rigged system.” The GOP nominee weighed in on Twitter.

This news only worsens the party’s issue on being divided. Despite many praising Clinton’s decision to name Tim Kaine as her running mate, staunch Sanders supporters are still not impressed. Winnie Wong, co-founder of People for Bernie, explained that Clinton’s choice won’t win over many Sanders voters.

“If Team Clinton really wanted to woo Bernie supporters, they’d try harder to win over his base by choosing a true progressive to be her running mate,” she told VICE News.

Between Democratic politicians’ resentment towards Sanders, Clinton’s brush with the FBI, the rise of Jill Stein and the new leaked emails, the Democrats have a lot of work to do during the convention.

That doesn’t go without saying that Republicans don’t have issues of their own. After Melania’s plagiarism at the RNC and three wild days in Cleveland, Ted Cruz told citizens to “vote (their) conscience” and refused to endorse The Donald.

“I am not in the habit of supporting people who attack my wife and attack my father,” Cruz said in a meeting last Thursday.

Cruz’s statements along with the absence of John Kasich and Mitt Romney show the GOP’s struggle to unify the party. It’s no secret that Trump wasn’t the establishment’s number one option going into the primary, and his stances during the campaign show why.

The business mogul has been critical of the establishment’s positions on free trade, immigration and globalism. He took the mantle as presidential nominee with a powerful speech on Thursday, condemning the Obama administration and accusing politicians in Washington of being weak against violence and terrorism. That bombastic tone used to win the nomination doesn’t appear to be going anywhere.

As if these issues within the parties weren’t enough for the political establishments, a new CNN poll brings another threat to the table. Libertarian nominee Gary Johnson is closing in on the 15 percent mark needed for inclusion in the presidential debates.

Conservative and liberal voters have already given support to the former Governor of New Mexico, and his rise in the polls is a huge red flag that neither party should ignore.