How to tell if your guy BFF wants more

Step 1: He looks mournfully into your eyes

I love my guy BFF’s almost as much as I love my girls. It’s always nice to have a dude around to hang out with, some testosterone to balance out all the estrogen. Besides, there is no Netflix and chill better than take out , platonic cuddles, and bong rips. Nothing like a no pressure Friday night in.

Thing is, when you get so close to a guy he knows all your sexy kinks and deepest fantasies, you can never be sure that he won’t start feeling something more. While some of the best romances start as best friendships, sometimes the friendzone is preferred, and intentional. Here are the signs – all from my real life, so help me – that may let you know he’s (or she, or they, are) thinking something more

• He looks mournfully into your eyes while he traces the patterns on your dress
  • He volunteers to be your wingman – and you wingman for him, too! But everyone who makes a move on you is considered ‘not good enough’
  • And he gives the stink eye to anyone who buys you a drink
  • He takes off his shirt and offers you a foot rub (yes, this actually happened)
  • He buys your thai food (but eats the leftovers. We’re still friends, you know)
  • He asks to be included in your sexual fantasy life
  • He makes especial efforts to hang out with you alone

• Maybe in your bed. It’s all platonic, anyway!
  • He openly references his boners (OK, maybe this is a friend thing??)
  • He tells you that your hotness is under appreciated and how the hell are you single?
  • He buys you movie tickets and doesn’t insist you pay him back
  • Makes prolonged eye contact with you as you walk
  • Talks about how much he loves your bed
  • Over-uses hearts and the crying emoji over text
  • When he pre-cums in the middle of the conversation and you can see the wet patch on his pants (OK, this one didn’t actually happen to me. But my friend Maddy tells me it’s true)
  • He reminds you, in vulnerable moments, of that one time you almost made out when you were piss drunk at some party
  • He asks you out