The necessities of festival outfits

Wearing all black may look good, but you’ll be a sweaty mess

One of the more popular attractions every summer is music festivals. Great music, lots of food, possible celebrity sightings, and more.

With that said, what to wear to a music festival is always a hot topic. You want to stay cool and looking good while in cramped, hot, and humid conditions.

Here’s some of the ways you can be noticed when it comes to festival fashion – Boston Calling style.

Sunglasses

Please please please remember your sunglasses on sunny days. Not only do they help make sure you don’t cause damage to your eyes (and prevent wrinkles from squinting), but they can show a lot of your personality, too.

Color

Get creative and have fun with color – including your hair color. Wear a pink tutu or dye your Mohawk an intense neon color. No ones going to judge you.

Glow sticks all the way

When it’s night time go nuts with glow sticks, especially if they’re free. Make some glasses, hair accessories, bracelets, necklaces, you name it. Or when you’re given too many glow sticks and you don’t want to hold them, just put them in you hair.

The classic floral print

As Garrett Borns, better known by his stage name BØRNS, knows, wearing floral prints, a pair of jeans, and converse is always a solid choice no matter where you are.

If all else fails, just wear comfy clothes

Nothing looks worse in public than someone looking just uncomfortable. Clothes that are too fitted can leave you feeling more and more like a sardine in the packed festival grounds. Try a plain tee, the classic crop top, or something a bit flowy and more breathable.

Fashion Warnings:

White dresses to stay classy

Sia sure knows how to dress, but this specific outfit may be a little too much for the average person, or her for that matter. She’s actually just wearing a nice white smock dress; the ruffled skirt is actually her dancers.

Advisory: For the average festival goer, wearing white may show off a lot of the dirt and grime picked up throughout the day, so wear white at your own risk.

Wearing all black

Unless its a cooler day, if you are going to a festival when it’s over 90 degrees and humid, you do not want to be wearing all black. You aren’t one of the performers who can play a set for a hour and then leave the stage and take a shower. If you are wearing a black tee and pants, you’ll end up all sweaty and probably be one of the unfortunate people who faints and ends up in a medic tent.

Alternative: If you still want still want to wear black, wear a black tee so it is less likely to see your sweat. Choose a comfortable pair of pants or shorts with some color or a print. After all, you are at a festival to have fun.

Flower crowns

Be smart like the festival goers above. We get it, it has been the pinnacle of hipster and festival fashion, but show a little bit of your own personality, rather than trying to look like someone else.

Alternative: Wear a bandana. They are a classic accessory for concerts, and go with just about anything. Additionally, baseball caps and sun hats are always nice. They give you some nice shade and you won’t get a tan from your sunglasses, either.