I tried curling my hair with Curlformers

I may have found my new favorite curling tool

New hair trends are constantly being raved about by beauty guru’s, but not many of them actually stick around. A fun new trend that I wanted to try is something called Curlformers. Curlformers are a non-heat based styling product that claims to give you “perfect, spiral curls.”

The product is a spiral mesh form that is inserted around your hair using a hook. After your hair is dry and you take the formers out, you are supposed to have beautiful, natural looking, spiral curls.

I’m ready to test this out and see what happens!

First I started the process with freshly washed hair. I combed through it and parted it where I wanted the curls to sit.

It definitely took a few minutes to get used to the method. But once I caught on it was actually pretty easy!

After I caught on to the process, it started going by really fast. Almost done!

All done!

The whole process took about the same amount of time as it would have if I was curling my hair using a curler or wand. But I had to wait for it to dry. The instructions said I could wait a few hours, overnight, or speed up the process with my hairdryer, so I went for a combo of hairdryer and waiting a few hours.

I definitely don’t see how I could’ve slept with these in my hair – they weren’t overly uncomfortable, but it was a strange feeling having these bouncy mesh forms all over my head!

After about two hours of waiting and about 15 mins of blow-drying, I decided it was time to take them out and test the curls.

Needless to say, I was super impressed. The curls were completely dry, and super bouncy.

After they were all out I was really excited. The curls looked amazing, and really natural!

Honestly, I didn’t expect to like this product. I thought it would be something fun to try, but didn’t think it would work as well as it did. The curls didn’t take too long, and in my opinion they look great. I will definitely be using these again!

If they are something you want to try, I would recommend being careful about the length you buy. The “short” curlformers work for hair up to 8 inches,  “long” for hair up to 14 inches, “extra long” for hair up to 22 inches, and “super long” for hair up to 29 inches. I bought the “long” size, when I should’ve gone up a length or two.

I also learned (after my hair was in the curlers) that the different colors mean the hair will curl in different directions. So you can go natural and mix it up, or pick a color for each side of your head.

And don’t give up if you can’t get it right away. As with most new beauty products it takes a little bit of practice. But for me, it was worth it!