Just two percent difference between Hillary and Trump in new national poll

Is Trump gaining ground?

There is now just a two percentage difference between Republican Donald Trump and Democrat Hillary Clinton in a national poll on who America’s population would vote for this election season.

Trump is still below Clinton in this race, with 45 percent support compared to Clinton’s 47 percent. This is, however, more support than America may expect with the tallies of registered Republicans in our nation. In a 2014 poll, an average 45 percent of Americans identified as Democrats or said they were Democrat-leaning independents, while 42 percent identified as Republicans or were Republican-leaning independents. While this reveals a three percent difference between Republicans and Democrats, Trump is steadily gaining on Clinton with only two percent discrepancy.

While countless Americans would not be considered Trump supporters, it is surprising to see how close the two candidates are in this nation-wide poll. With the November elections five months away, it would not be shocking to see the candidates dead-even in their supporters.

Although there may be more Democrats in our nations than Republicans, it is not clear to see which of these two candidates would win the presidency. While their proximity is quite interesting, we could not make an educated guess on who would make the Oval Office their new workplace.

It is indeed quite frightening how Trump and Clinton are so close to each other now. We have heard from numerous citizens how horrible a Trump or Clinton presidency would be. These two politicians will likely receive their nominations so we must choose between them. Even if we hate both candidates, we may have no choice but to pick one of them to lead our country for four years. California, along with five other states, will hold their primaries on June 7th.

“Hillary’s going to be the nominee, but California’s the big prize, and obviously she’d like to go into the convention with a win in California,” the Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said.

The California Governor Jerry Brown endorsed Clinton, because he believes she can keep Trump out of the White House. He sees Trump as an obvious threat who will win the primary. “I have decided to cast my vote for Hillary Clinton because I believe this is the only path forward to win the presidency and stop the dangerous candidacy of Donald Trump,” Brown said in a letter to California Democrats and independents that he posted to his state online.

Bernie on the campaign trail in Sacramento

Although we may not know absolutely for sure who will be nominated, the 2016 Republican Convention is where the GOP nominee will be decided in Cleveland. The 2016 Democratic National Convention will follow shortly after on July 25-28 in Philadelphia. When these two candidates are nominated, as this is highly likely to occur and both politicians have voiced their confidence to the nation, we must choose who to run our country. It will be very interesting to see how polls such as this one will turn out.

There may be a time very soon in which both candidates are dead even in their support percentages.