I was down the road from the club in Paris when it was attacked

The city is now on lockdown, there’s a curfew

Boston College student Haley Cormier was just 10 minutes away from the club in Paris when it was attacked by terrorists, killing over 100.

She said: “I wasn’t scared but appalled. It’s nauseating so many people were murdered.”

We spoke to her about what she experienced in Paris tonight.

I didn’t hear the bombs. That was just at the stadium. I was having dinner with my French friend and her boyfriend and his cousin, in the area of Paris where everything happened.

We were in his place for dinner and I was sitting next to my friend on the couch. She was just scrolling through her phone and saw something about a shooting. She paused and was surprised, and said this kind of thing doesn’t really happen here.

I Googled it to see if there was an English article and I saw there was a shooting. The story live updated and it said there had been a bombing at a soccer stadium.

That’s when I started to thinking it was too unlikely for both to happen in the same night. I decided at that point that they were connected.

More and more the story started snowballing and more details are emerging like the President being there and that it wasn’t a grenade attack but suicide bombs.

It happened in different locations with different deaths and wounded tolls. I saw it first when there were just three dead and now it’s over 140.

I was a 10 minute walk from the club where over 100 people were shot. We’re a few blocks from there. I’ve been hearing sirens for hours.

The city is now on lockdown, there’s a curfew. I have seven friends from Boston College in Paris who are safe.

It was scary contacting people but everyone’s accounted for. My mom knows I’m safe.

I thought, “This is crazy. This is unbelievable and terrifying at the same time.” This past January there was the Charlie Hebdo attack, which made such a shockwave. That was 17 people and this is 140 and still rising.

There’s still so much we don’t know. Everyone’s sitting at home watching TV.

I wasn’t scared but appalled. It’s nauseating so many people were murdered.