The most delicious ways to spend Pancake Day in Notts

What’s your crepe of choice?

The tradition of cooking up and eating delicious pancakes and crepes has been happening since the 15th century, but we’re here to show Notts students the way to celebrate in style. Whether you like your pancakes from a café or prefer to DIY your own, spend your Pancake Day having a delicious time. Here are our top tips for where and how to pancake:

Visit The Pudding Pantry

The most scrumptious and decadent pancake place in town, take your pick from either their café in Beeston or in the city centre. It’s totally up to you how extravagant you want to go with your pancake stack! At the pudding pantry you really are spoilt for choice with loaded red-velvet cheesecake brownie pancakes to apple crumble pancakes and not forgetting the classic American style pancakes all on offer.

All of the lovingly homemade pancakes pudding pantry offers come with tasty toppings such as fresh fruit, chocolate sauce and  a selection of ice-creams. There is always a lovely atmosphere inside the café making it a top contender for best pancake place in Notts.

Prices Ranging from: £6.50- £11.50

Jo’s Pancake House

If you are looking to treat your taste buds this pancake day but don’t fancy spending a fortune, then Jo’s Pancake House is perfect for you. Located just at the edge of the holy Lenton triangle, its prime location can not be beaten. Jo’s Pancake House offers all the classic pancakes, from the simple lemon and sugar combo, strawberry and chocolate, salted caramel and even cheese, onion and mushroom crêpes. Basically, Jo’s has you covered for all of your pancake cravings whether they be sweet or savoury!

Prices Ranging from: £3.20- £5.80

Bill’s

Located just off the side of Old Market Square the lovely and beautifully designed Bill’s restaurant is just out of the way of all the hustle and bustle of the Nottingham city centre.  This pancake day Bill’s is offering and ‘all you can eat all day’ pancake day offer for just £7.50! Bill’s is also offering one customer the chance to win a year’s supply of pancakes to the person who eats the most pancakes in 90 minutes! Crazy right?! If you fancy a pancake day full of offers and potentially winning a whole load of pancakes, make your booking now…

Prices: £7.50

Cosy Club

If you fancy going a little bit more deluxe with your pancakes this Tuesday, then maybe the Cosy Club in Notts is the place for you. Cosy Club Nottingham is giving its pancake-loving customers the chance to build-your-own pancakes. There are lots of options, and you are in control of how many pancakes and the choice of toppings you have. You can create your own unique and maybe slightly weird pancake combos and stacks.

Prices Ranging from: £8.95-£16.75

DIY Pancakes

Although all of the above cafés/ restaurants are offering some extremely scrummy pancakes. If you are like me, I do love making my own pancakes on pancake day with my friends and family! I enjoy assembling and laying out the choice of toppings for everyone. To make the pancake batter simply all you need is: 100g plain flour, two eggs, 300ml milk and a splash of sunflower oil. Whisk all the ingredients together and pour into a hot pan. All that’s left is the seemingly simple task of flipping your pancakes.

Making pancakes at home with the people you love is my favourite way to spend pancake day. You are guaranteed to have a laugh, taste some yummy pancakes (made by you!) and throw a couple of dodgy prototypes in the bin!

• Notts grad on The Apprentice comes back fighting with another sick tune despite loss

• Notts grad Avi Sharma back with fresh bars after Apprentice win

• Stop what you’re doing, Notts grad on The Apprentice has come out with another rap and it slaps