Sex attacker who went on 7,000 mile ‘rape tour’ of UK universities is jailed

He was arrested in Manchester in November

Tahir Nazir, the man who visited a string of universities on a “rape tour”, has been sentenced to twelve years in jail.

Tahir went on a 7,000 mile trip around the UK, attempting to get students drunk and follow them back to their halls in the hopes of attacking them.

In Manchester a woman woke to find him licking her neck and attempting to rape her. In Cardiff he was seen lying on top of another woman as she lay drunk in her Cathays house.

He visited Inverness, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Oxford, Bristol and Cardiff, and slept in his car.

The 40-year-old  business man, originally from Glasgow, has been found guilty of a number of offences including  trespass with intent to commit an offence, sexual assault, attempted rape, and three charges of trespass with intent to commit a sexual offence.

Police found large amounts of Viagra in Nazir’s car that he would take along with cocaince in attempt to lift his libido. He was also in possession of 38 images taken as “surveillance” on his phone at Manchester’s Victoria halls of residence.

The police also found a fake ID in his car that claimed he was a student at Glasgow University.

He was arrested last year after a group of female undergraduates reported someone trying the doors to the rooms in their Fallowfield student house. The girls escaped unharmed and were able to communicate via Facebook, call the police and assist in his arrest.

Nazir said that he was “inspired” by gothic architecture was on a nationwide road trip of a life time.

Prosecutor Henry Blackshaw said that “Evidence shows him travelling from Scotland down into England, through England and down into Wales – all part of sexually predatory behaviour targeted at university undergraduate females”.

Tahir Nazir was ordered to sign the Sex Offenders Register for life.